Before we hit the pavement looking for your dream home, make sure you visit a trusted lender so you can get pre-approved. Most lenders will need the following documents:
- W-2 Tax returns (or business tax returns if you're self-employed) for the last two years for every person signing the loan.
- At least one pay stub for the most month showing year-to-date earnings for each person signing the loan.
- Account numbers of all your credit cards and the amounts for any outstanding balances.
- Two to four months of bank statements for all accounts (both checking and savings).
- Lender, loan number, and amount owed on installment loans (ie car or student loans).
- Addresses where you've lived for the last five to seven years.
- Brokerage account statements for two to four months, as well as a list of any other major assets of value, such as a boat, RV, or stocks or bonds not held in a brokerage account.
- Your most recent 401(k) or other retirement account statement.
- Documentation to verify additional income, such as child support (including case number) or a pension.
- If you have declared bankruptcy, provide a copy of the discharge and the schedule of both debts and assets.
- VA Loans, original Certificate of Eligibility or discharge paper.
- If applying for a First Time Home Buyers or MT Board of Housing Loan, provide copies of the last 3 years of federal tax returns and W-2's for every person that will be living at the property.
Call Terri Welborn at 406-860-0055 for a select list of trusted lenders.